IT leaders are facing a set of challenges to keep their businesses running and their people productive. It is becoming obvious that the new approach is virtual computing which is people-centric, service-oriented, on-demand, flexible computing model. It is more than a shift in technology but in the way we think about IT and a shift in the way people work.
It is a solution that speaks Simplicity - Any application - Any device - Anywhere.
Citrix is the only vendor that provides an end-to-end virtual computing solution, including virtual desktops, virtual datacenters, virtual meetings, virtual networks, and network optimization to ensure a high definition user experience.
Citrix addresses the capability to migrate almost all IT services needed to maintain business and workforce continuity to the cloud and also enabling a backup datacenter to be established with its dynamic products - XenApp, XenDesktop and XenServer it ensures the availability of an organization’s entire information infrastructure, guarantees that the essential data, application and desktop resources are securely accessible by users operating at any location with any device.
XenDesktop technology provides a virtualized desktop to its users; it can transform Windows desktop computing for all user types on all types of devices. With the recent use and hype on new technology devices people still want to have a fill of their desktops, also in environments such as schools (colleges), it would be necessary to restrict users from dumping (accessing their physical desktop) files on their desktops hence the need for virtualized desktop can be published to the different users to give them a fill of a desktop and would prevent them from access to their physical desktops. It latest version is XenDesktop 5.5.
- With embedded Citrix® HDXTM performance and optimization technologies a high definition user experience and better than PC performance is guaranteed.
- Central management, desktop provisioning and management which aids in reducing operating costs substantially typically by more than 25 percent.
- Business agility - not to mention responsiveness to disruptive events Users have the flexibility of gaining access to their personalized desktops.
- It has the flexibility of streaming desktops directly to user end points Security is enhanced and ensured based on having the option for sensitive data and applications to never leave the datacenter.
XenApp provides quick and easy provision also adjust and de-provision users with the ability to access almost any application from almost anywhere using almost any device - a highly valuable capability when it comes to ensuring workforce continuity with its latest version known as XenApp 6.5.
XenApp and Citrix have always built value on top of the Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft platforms.
- With XenApp, applications are installed and updated once in the data center and instantly delivered to users anywhere, reducing IT management costs and improving IT productivity.
- Application packages are stored and maintained on a centralized App Hub or file system, and delivered to users for either offline or online access.
- Applications are dynamically streamed to centralized hosting servers; this is run by the Datacenter resources which enables users to access from anywhere with online application virtualization.
- Provides offline application virtualization whereby, applications are dynamically streamed into an isolated environment on the user’s PC while local computing resources are then used to run the application and users have access to essential programs and data even when they are disconnected from the corporate network.
- A highly optimized protocol conveys only keystrokes, mouse movements and screen updates, thereby helping to achieve a high definition user experience.
XenServer 5.6 which is the latest Server virtualization technology allows multiple workloads to run on a single, physical server. It yields a significant savings in I.T administration, server requirements (equipment), space, power, cooling which happens not only at a primary datacenter but at any backup facilities.
- Citrix® XenMotion™ live migration which provides the movement of workloads from one physical server to another without service interruption
- Dynamic workload allocation and provisioning
- Virtual machines from a failed server are automatically redistributed and restarted on other physical servers within a designated resource pool according to priority and resource availability.
- Disaster recovery (supports the use of a non-active, standby facility for disaster recovery purposes).
Today’s digital workforce demands the flexibility to work from anywhere at any time using any device they would like. Leveraging Citrix Receiver as a lightweight universal client, users can access their desktop and corporate applications as an on-demand service from the latest tablets, smartphones, PCs, Macs, or thin client in anylocation with a rich “high definition” experience. This enables virtual workstyles, business continuity and user mobility.
NetScaler is a full-featured application delivery controller that enables organizations to optimize and ensure the performance, availability and security of their application infrastructure. It provides a robust mechanism for dynamically extending remote access capabilities to displaced users that typically operate locally, but also delivers a much-needed layer of protection and control for each, individual access session and all associated data.
NetScaler supports network virtualization by incorporating Citrix® Access Gateway™, a robust SSL VPN solution. With Access Gateway, users can gain secure remote access to centralized IT resources-including those run on XenApp and XenDesktop-over any type of communications network via an easy-to-use web client.
It provides a rich, desk-like experience wrapped in a standards-based, SSL/TLS encrypted session. Integrated endpoint scanning helps ensure that user devices are safe for connection to the corporate network and Citrix SmoothRoaming™ seamlessly reconnects users in the event of intermittent connectivity. In addition, fine-grained access control is rendered by the included SmartAccess capabilities which can control not just what data can be accessed, but what actions the user can perform—such as print, save, launch and view.
- Secures remote access
- Local and global server load balancing
- Support for cloud computing and the potential for datacenter virtualization.
- Adapt access policies accordingly as users move between locations or devices
Why Soft Solutions Limited (SSL)?
Soft Solutions Limited (SSL) founded in 1994, has emerged as one of the leading IT solutions and consulting companies in Nigeria.
SSL helps customers address enterprise challenges by providing comprehensive solutions that combines innovative models and technologies with passion to solve business problems.
We deliver technology solutions that are cost effective, easy to use and adaptive to enable next level growth. Our solutions provide the platform for an agile ICT environment that drives an organization towards set objectives. They instantly transform any organization and deliver visible return on Investment. At SSL, we are pragmatic consultants who bring an implementation perspective to all our work. We realize that elegant solutions are meaningless unless they can be translated into sustainable business value.
Soft Solutions Limited partners with Citrix in Nigeria. Citrix Systems, Inc. is the leading provider of virtualization, networking and software as a service technology for more than 230,000 organizations worldwide.